Monday, July 13, 2009

Meg's First Trial


If Marcy says she's been lazy about blogging I don't know what to say about myself. I have really been bad about keeping up to date.
Well, Meg went off to Dovetail Kennels in early May to start her formal field training. So far, so good. She is getting along well with everyone. She sailed through Force Fetch and Collar Conditioning and is now on 3 handed casting. She is getting stretched out more and more on her marks and is just tremendous in the water.
So after 4 weeks with Sandie we decided to enter Meg in the Longpoint Retriever Trial Puppy Stake. Pete Ferin handled Meg while I was at another Stake with Jett. I managed to run over to the Puppy Stake in time to watch the land series. Pete did a great job and in the end came up with a 4th place finish! The picture above is Pete and Meg walking to the line for the first mark.
Pete's pretty happy handling Meg. He adores Meg and she's quite fond of him. They make a nice pair. I have to keep reminding him that Meg belongs to me!

No comments: