Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We're Baaaaacccckkkk!

Well, our Alabama training trip is over for yet another year. This year I took 2 dogs with me. Meg and Jett made the trip while Logan spent the 2 1/2 weeks with my sister.

This was a big trip and primarily my goal was to acclimatize Meg to life with the pack at Sandie and Allan's because when they get home from Alabama it will be time for Meg to go in for training.


Jett is an old veteran but Meg is totally "green" to the whole atmosphere and I must say the experience didn't faze her one little bit.


She learned to swim, made friends with the pack leaders, Annie and Millie, cuddled up with Sandie and Allan, learned what real birds were all about, experienced the tie-out and riding in the "big truck". Meg is a trooper and did just fine.


The pictures below are of Meg's first time in the water. She loved it. She is now an accomplished "water dog". She just dove right in and couldn't get enough!




Once Meg, got in I couldn't get her out. It was the best fun she's ever had. This picture was taken as I was attempting to get her out. If she could speak I guarantee she'd be saying "Come on, throw me another!!!"

Not to be forgotten, Jett worked really well while we south. I was really happy with her.

I have lot's more pictures and stories to share in subsequent posts. Suffice to say, we had a great time and I can't wait to go back next year.




No comments: